beauty, bridal makeup, cosmetics, eye makeup, eyeshadow, face makeup, makeup, makeup brushes, makeup courses, makeup games, makeup tips

A Parched Skin Saviour

I've been on the lookout for a new staple night moisturiser ever since I finished my beloved Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream a few years ago. After coming to the end of the pot, I reluctantly decided not to repurchase it due to the addition of parabens. I've conducted quite a bit of research into parabens and resolved that I just didn't feel quite comfortable using it so often. Since then I've been flitting between different creams, oils and balms but nothing has left my skin feeling quite so good. Until now. Enter the Kiehls Ultra Facial Balm, the richer, balmier and paraben free version of the Ultra Facial Cream.

I actually picked this up on a whim, I thought that this rich, creamy balm would be more suited for autumn/winter but this has been just what my skin needs after the recent spout of cold weather. Although it's a little too heavy for day time use (I use this radiance boosting Origins number in the morning) it's been incredible to use just before bed and has completely transformed my dry, dehydrated skin.

When using this luxurious balm, I take the smallest amount onto my ring finger and then warm it up slightly between the tips of my fingers. I then tap the product on my forehead, cheeks and chin before massaging the silky balm upwards and outwards over my whole face and neck (taking care to avoid my eyes). At first, it feels rich and balmy on the skin but after a short while it sinks in leaving your skin feeling plump, comfortable and super hydrated.

The next day results are pretty impressive, incredibly soft, soothed skin that makes a great base for make up. I'm currently using this every night, although it may be a little rich for some. Once the warmer weather sets in I'm planning on using it tri-weekly along with a lighter cream but come winter, I'm pretty sure I'll be slathering the stuff on day and night!

Have you tried this hydrating balm? What's your favourite night cream?
0 Comments for " A Parched Skin Saviour "

Back To Top