beauty, bridal makeup, cosmetics, eye makeup, eyeshadow, face makeup, makeup, makeup brushes, makeup courses, makeup games, makeup tips

NYX Picks

I'm so happy that NYX are now available at Boots, Asos too (although I think Asos have stocked them for a while now?!). With so many pretty swatches online I armed myself with a list full of potential shades and headed to my nearest NYX stocked boots store to have a swatch and a peek at their collection.

The first thing that I picked up was the NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam. I've been after Nars Copabanana for a while now and this is supposedly a great dupe. Creamy, blendable and pigmented this liquid pearl illuminator is divine, once set it's pretty budge proof too! The shade is dreamy, a shimmering pearl with a hint of pink and a subtle sparkle to it, one to pair with vampy lips and flawless skin - ideal for autumn!

After hearing so much hype around the NYX Soft Matte Lip creams, I was excited to see what the fuss was about. After swatching and falling in love with almost every shade in the range, I narrowed it down to three picks.
First up is Cannes, a pretty rose and my favourite of the bunch, it's SO flattering - a great everyday shade. Next I picked up Copenhagen, a glorious burgundy that looks ideal for autumn and works beautifully with the Sunbeam Illuminator. Lastly I reached for Milan, a dreamy mauve pink that looks great for spring, its super pretty on the lips.

I can't rave enough about the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams - the texture is unreal, pigmented, so creamy and soft - almost mousse like and comfortable on the lips. After a little while it dries and sets in place meaning that they stay put for hours, this can be a little drying but nothing a little balm dabbed on top can't fix! They also smell like vanilla buttercream, yum!

The colour range is pretty impressive, ranging from light nudes to dark vampy purples. I've already added a few more shades to my wishlist, a peachy pink like Antwerp looks gorgeous for summer and Transylvania looks perfect for Halloween!

Have you picked up anything from NYX recently? Is there anything I should try next?
0 Comments for " NYX Picks "

Back To Top